The World Is Your Oyster.
世界掌握在你手裡。
對話
Suzanne:I'm so depressed.
蘇珊:我心情不好。
Leonard:Why? What's wrong?
李奧那德:為什麼?妳怎麼了?
Suzanne:I don't know. I am afraid I don't have much of a future.
蘇珊:我不知道。我擔心我的前途黯淡。
Leonard:What are you talking about? You're young, smart, and talented. The world is your oyster.
李奧那德:妳在說什麼?妳年輕、聰明,又有才華。妳想要做什麼一定都做得到。
Suzanne:You really think so?
蘇珊:你真的這樣認為嗎?
Leonard:Sure! I'll bet you will even become famous someday.
李奧那德:當然!我甚至相信有一天妳會成名。
Suzanne:But if I'm famous, I'll have to try to avoid photographers all the time.
蘇珊:可是如果我成名了,我就得一天到晚躲攝影記者。
Leonard:Okay, but –
李奧那德:嗯,但是……
Suzanne:I'll never have a moment's peace. They'll invade my privacy.
蘇珊:我會一刻不得安寧。他們會侵犯我的隱私。
Leonard:You know, you really know how to look on the bad side of things.
李奧那德:妳知道嗎,妳真的很喜歡凡事往悲觀處想。
延伸學習
俚語精解
The world is your oyster.
oyster指「蚌殼」,本句字意是「世界就是你的蚌殼」。蚌殼裡有價值不菲的珍珠(pearl),只要你得到蚌殼,你就擁有珍珠。用來形容你擁有能力與自由去實現夢想,因為「世界掌握在你手裡」。